Removable Partial Dentures consist of replacement teeth attached to pink or gum-colored plastic bases. Depending on your situation, your dentist will custom design a set of dentures for you. Removable partial dentures are a great solution for patients who are on a budget as they provide patients with multiple missing teeth, however at a less invasive and less pricey cost. They are also a stepping stone in rebuilding one’s teeth as you may add future teeth as time goes on. This is what you should expect from your removable partial dentures in the future:
- The beginning stages of your dentures will prove to feel slightly awkward or bulky. With any procedure in which you are adding or placing new items to your teeth, this will take some getting used to. Eventually it will become a normal feeling, and you won’t even realize they’re there.
- Inserting and removing the dentures will take practice.
- Your denture should fit with ease. If not, your dentist will take the time to make the necessary adjustments.
- Get used to wearing your dentures all the time at first. The quickest way to make necessary adjustments is to make you identify the problem areas as soon as possible.
- Eating will come in time. At first, eating will be an adjustment, as you won’t be able to tell which foods will be suited for you, however, your dentist should give you a run down as to what you should and shouldn’t be eating and at what time you may begin eating certain foods.
For more information on how removable partial dentures can enhance your smile call Dr. Yamada in Manhattan Beach, CA at 310-546-2595 or visit www.anthonyyamadadds.com.
Dr. Yamada also proudly accepts patients from Manhattan Beach, Ranchos Palos Verdes, Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Palos Verdes Estates, Torrance, Playa Del Rey, and surrounding areas.