When you have Periodontal Disease, there are many factors in which can trigger worsening symptoms. One of the most important ways you can treat this and prevent anything worse from occurring so changing your diet. Here are some recommendations in which you should follow if you have Periodontal Disease:
Eat foods rich in vitamin C, like grapefruit, oranges, and tangerines. One study found that people who ate less than the RDA for vitamin C were one and a half times more likely to develop gingitivis.
- Choose high-quality, organic, hormone- and antibiotic-free “grass-fed” meats.
- Increase your omega-3 essential fatty acids by selecting high-quality wild-caught salmon, minimal-mercury albacore tuna, fish oil, avocados, and sprouted walnuts.
- Eat raw, organic vegetables.
- Add high-quality fiber to your diet, such as ground flax seed.
- Add healthy saturated fats to your diet, such as organic virgin coconut oil.
- Choose sprouted, whole-grain products.
- Add nutrient-dense and unprocessed foods such as sprouted nuts and seeds to your diet.
- Eat limited fruits and fruit juices.
- Choose organic, cage-free eggs.
- Choose dairy items that have live, active cultures (probiotics), such as yogurt and kefir. It has been shown that regular consumption of yogurt can eliminate bad breath.
- Drink purified water throughout the day.
- For more information about periodontal disease and treatment options call Dr. Yamada in Manhattan Beach, CA at 310-567-2595 or visit www.anthonyyamadadds.com
Dr. Yamada of Manhattan Beach, CA also proudly accepts patients from Ranchos Palos Verdes, Los Angeles, Redonda Beach, Palos Verdes Estates, Torrance, Playa Del Rey, and surrounding areas.